Monday, August 1, 2011

To just 'be'

Apologies, having a few technological problems! The photo bellow
apoologies, am having a few technological errors.


The photo below was where I enjoyed my morning cuppa.

Yesterday I was looking through all my photos and realised about 90% of them are of boats. Lachlan, a lovely fellow traveller laughed at my boat fetish. The longtails are just such beautiful things. Simple and wooden. Give me one of those over a flash speedboat any day. Yesterday Charlotte, Gabe and Jonti (two lovely New Zealanders living in Melbourne much like myself) and Lachlan and Dustin (brothers from Melbourne on holiday) all went out on a longtail to Maya Bay. This is the beach that is famous from 'the beach', but to be honest, I was happy to just sit in the boat! We got to the beach and it was all a bit hectic. Boats everywhere scraping along the coral and so many people. Beautiful scenery though. Amazing rock formations.

One thing that struck me about people in Thailand, and on Phi Phi in particular is they keep it simple. In Melbourne it is so easy to get caught up with doing things. Where do I have to go? What should I be doing? What could I be doing? What do I need to be doing? You get my drift. Here, people are content just to be. Present in the moment. It has opened my eyes to the simplicity of life and that people need very little to be happy.

When I am next at a computer I will upload my Phi Phi photos and especially some of the boats :)

Farewell to you Phi Phi Don, khap khun kaa, it has been a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment