Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Phi Phi Don. Love.


Today I have done what it is great to do when you are on holiday, and that is pretty much nothing. Oh, I did pass my Open Water Certificate which is a sneaky bonus. Today It's raining on Phi Phi Don so I wondered around the market and went to lunch at Thankyou, a very nice restaurant on Phi Phi. Samee, the owner - or Mr. Soda as he is called on the island - was rescued from the Tsunami in 2004 from under a building. He thought he was going to die and now thanks to Buddha he is very thankful. He is thankful that he has his shop and as Chris said 'He has his Zen back'. I like. Yesterday afternoon I was wandering along the beach which is lined with bars that all come alive in the evening. During the day they are somewhat more subdued and one in particular caught my attention. You see, before coming to Thailand I had been listening quite regularly to a reggae mix tape Chris had made a while back. It is a bangin mix. I'm not ashamed to say, that I like to bop my head to the reggae beats mon! I had envisaged myself on a beach in Thailand listening to reggae. Back to the story though. Bamboo bar was playing some Bob (Marley) and so I sat down and chilled to the reggae beats for a few hours watching the boats and the people and the sea and the sun. Content indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, can picture you. Good talking last night too.

    ReplyDelete