Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Note from my phone

Yesterday, whilst sitting on the beach contemplating my next move, I wrote this note:

'I am really going to miss Phi Phi. The paved streets busy with people, bikes and carts and the human 'beep beep beep' as those pushing the carts get a run up to make it up the hill, often getting a helping hand from a friendly local or tourist. I will miss the cute young woman with the donut stand saying, 'donut, donut, anyone want donut?' and Shon who has the fruit cart piled high with Ngor, dragonfruit, pink apple, pineapple and papaya. I will miss all the tattoo parlors where tattooed Thai men sit back, relax and share their tattoo stories. And the leather stalls with amazing bags, shoes and wallets. Most of all I will miss the ocean and the simplicity of life.'

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tess I love reading your posts, it makes me want to be there so much. You're so right too, the simplicity of life there is a beautiful thing x

    ReplyDelete