Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The wonderful world of scuba.

I thought I would backtrack somewhat just to explain the awesomeness that is scuba diving. Being somebody that gets a little panicky in certain situations, I was a little apprehensive going 16 metres under water to look at the fishies. But, let me tell whoever's out there listening slash reading that whatever fear or phobia you may have...walk through that fear my friends. It is so worth it.

I was lucky enough to have a very close friend - Chris - instructing me and just waiting patiently under the water with me to overcome certain obstacles (like swallowing sea water! Not fun). Once I had passed all the little tests and done a few dives I was able to relax and just enjoy the amazing marine life around Phi Phi. We saw so much it was just incredible. We were all discussing diving and it came up that everyone has their 'thing' that they are into down in the deep blue sea. I was very suprised to find that my 'thing' was the coral. It was absolutely beautiful and I could have stayed down there all day looking at it as it swayed with the current, except I would have run out of air and died. So good thing I didn't. I just thought the colours were really amazing. To me it looked a bit like trees swaying the breeze, but pink and purple and white trees. A whole new world. So to anyone out there that is wondering whether they would like to dive, I highly recommend it. In the words of PADI "Meet people, go places, see things!!" hahaha

I have posted some photos on my Google+ account because I couldn't sign in to Flickr for some weird reason. So feel free to have a look there.

I have been flying in the rainforest today, but more on that later....

1 comment:

  1. Diving, wow, so good, sounds amazing. Would love to give it a go but like you would need coaching from a reliable person to overcome my fears of the deep.
    Great photos, keep it all rolling in, we're loving travelling with you.

    ReplyDelete