Saturday, January 12, 2013

India - and so it begins

A year ago I had a list of places I wanted to travel. The top four were India, Japan, New York and Mexico. Today I set out for India, with very few belongings and a ridiculously large first aid kit (for the worlds worst hypacondriac). The last few days have seen me moving about with a nervous trepidation. At the same time I am so excited about the prospect of traveling to a country of such holiness and beauty.

 In the last few weeks I have been bombarded with information left, right and centre from people giving me advice. At first I was determined to take it all in to avoid any mishaps, Delhi belly, or negotiations gone wrong. But as I sit at the airport anticipating the journey ahead I am content with the notion that everybody has their own journey, some of it good and some of it bad, and this is what makes traveling and life itself so beautiful.

And so it begins.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for all your future installments little lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Bartlett, adventurer, traveller and writer. So looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete