Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Laying low in Bangalore

When I set out on this trip I was nervous about travelling to India, and I was also nervous about travelling with a large group of women. Currently, woman suffering from addiction in India face stigma and so are not getting the help they need. I am travelling with a group of around sixty women hoping to raise awareness about this issue. It has been an unbelievable journey so far, and it has also been an exhausting one. Yesterday I fell sick and have spent the last few days in bed. My mind is telling me that I should be getting out there and exploring Bangalore which is probably the nicest city we've been to thus far. But my body is telling me otherwise. Today I know to listen to my body and when I'm findin it hard to lift my arms, or simply stand upright, I know that I should lie down and simply do nothing. That is a hard thing to do for a cronic doer. Luckily for me I am holed up in a lavish hotel with the cumfiest bed on earth. More adventures coming soon I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment