Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thank you, India

I am heading home and what a journey it has been. It feels like months ago that I was sitting in Melbourne airport eagerly awaiting the call to board the plane. India, you have given me one hell of a ride and I know that I have only skimmed the surface of what this country has to offer.

Here are a few things running through my very tired mind:

I love India. It is not an easy place to travel through. You have to be willing to negotiate, argue, squat, get sick, breathe in very polluted air, see things you possibly don't agree with and, if you're a women, get ogled by men, but it is one hell of a place regardless of all these things.

I love how when I say thank you people say 'welcome'.

I love being lost in a sea of people.

I love seeing women in delicate, colorful saris.

I love learning - both the educational variety and learning things abouy culture and life itself from people who have lived it.

I love travelling.

I love the comfort of having a home to go to, with a lovely bed and a shower that has clean water. For this I am extremely grateful.

I love fruit, in all countries.

I love chai, and the ceremony that goes with it.

And lastly, I love exploring, I love adventure, I love writing and I intend to do these things to the day I die.

Thank you India, you have been a garland of vibrant awesomeness.

'Welcome', she says.

4 comments:

  1. I guess you're home now. It's been so fantastic sharing in your journey through this and as I've said many times already it really makes me want to travel too. Great writing Tess, as always. Love you, and the lovely city you live in. It's weird but having you just across the Tasman doesn't seem so far away.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love getting your comments and knowing you are there with me reading and appreciating it too.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tessa!! I have just finished reading about your adventures in India on your Blog..(I was blown away)..Not only in your Experiences but also in your Unique style of righting. I found as I was reading the words slowly started to Transform into exotic smells,Sounds of Traffic the crashing of waves and the sound of People everywhere....and then there are the beautiful colours that appear as well..U are truly Gifted...Much love Hun T. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, these are such kind words and it is comments such as these that encourage me to keep writing.

      Much love x

      Delete